You are most welcome here

Thursday, February 18, 2010

We all need Healthcare Reform

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocjf3sL7rMM
Live like you were dieing

     We need healthcare reform did you know that if you are declared disabled you have to wait on any medical coverage! That’s not right “think about it”. My husband has been 100% social security disability receiving a check for the last 6 months but I am his only insurance because he does not become eligible for Medicare until July of this year.
     I am the breadwinner and insurance provider but I am off caring for him most of the time, he is using a walker/wheelchair/cane to get around and falls often. I dispense his medicine because he is on so many it confuses him and to top all that off his oxygen drops in the low 80 so he has oxygen on at night (some times he takes it off and gets confused if I am at work he gets scared).
     I keep a phone by the bed with the ringer on high and the phone number of the station I am working on, plus the phone numbers of 2 neighbors (with keys) to the house.

     It is so hard for me to leave him alone when I know he could fall outside or in the bathroom away from the phone and have to stay there all night, could you work like that. He has bouts of depression when I fear he will take his life, I have though about it as well, but then who would care for him.


I am not asking for anything but prayers and for others to tell their stories. If know one knows there is a problem then it does not exist, you know the white elephant in the living room…Grandma Scott http://wp.me/pLcBg-K

No comments: